March 25, 2013

Utah Visit Part 2

After spending time with my parents it was time for a family reunion with Brandon's Speirs family.  Crazy cousin time.  I'm not even sure how many little ones were there, but I'm pretty sure we had all of Brandon's aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids there and there was never a dull moment.  Parker and Andrew were always running off with one cousin or another, (there is no shortage of little boys in the family to play with!) and it was fun to see them be at that age where they could just run and play without having to be watched the entire time.  They also got to do lots of big boys things like rock climbing and shooting with Dad and Grandpa.






These pictures of Paige reading Fancy Nancy Tea Party to Grandpa Speirs just melt my heart!!



Grandma made cute little hats for all of the girl cousins and my girls still love to wear them!

 One of my favorite memories from this reunion not pictured is the talent show.  Andrew did his famous "Funky Yunky Chicken Dance."  He had planned ahead for weeks and was so excited.  He patiently waited his turn, clapping his little heart out for every act before him.  When it was almost his turn he looked at me and whispered, "This is gonna be good!"  He got up there and danced with all of the gusto he had.  When it was over and Brandon took him to bed, Brandon made sure to tell him that he was proud of him and that he had done a good job.  Andrew responded with, "Yeah, everyone always appreciates that."  I just love how unabashed that boy is!!

No comments: