March 25, 2013

Utah Visit Part 1

Whoa.  Way, way, way behind.  And it's been killing me because I HAVE A NEW BABY TO BLOG ABOUT.  The poor kid is over two months old and doesn't have his own blog post yet.  But I keep feeling like I have to catch up first and then get overwhelmed at the thought so nothing gets done.  No more excuses!  Here we go!

Back in September we made a trip to Utah to see our extended family.  Sixteen long hours in the car.  Yikes.  But we had some good times while there.  The kids loved the chickens at Grandma and Poppy's house.  They picked poor Grandma's garden clean in an effort to keep them fed and for months after the visit kept asking me when we were going to get a garden and some chickens.  The poor ladies were probably scared to death trying to lay eggs.  The boys would run out first thing each morning with an egg carton and sit in front of the coop.  The first day they didn't lay until afternoon.




 We also spent some time with cousins!  It's never enough time and we didn't get to see all of them, but we had a good time anyway.



 We also took some family time out to take the kids to Thanksgiving point.  We poked around the petting farm and took a tractor ride.


I also never take enough pictures, but with so many little ones to run after this was the best I got this time!

No comments: