February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I don't get many chances to post anymore, and we've had a lot going on, so we'll have to just hit the highlights. I finally decided that Christmas was so long ago that I'm not even going to try and post about it. But, anyway, last month I celebrated my 25th birthday! Wow, doesn't that sound old?! I never really thought of 25 as old before, but lately, it feels kind of old. I've caught myself lately telling people that I'm 21 if they ask and I respond without thinking. But, I am so happy to be at this stage of life. I love being a mom, and my kids are at such a fun age! You know, we didn't really do anything spectacular on my birthday, and it was pretty much business as usual. Brandon felt bad that he had to work, and I still made breakfast, lunch, and dinner for everyone....he kept saying, "I should be doing this for you today", but I all day I couldn't help but think how lucky I was, and thinking that there was nothing I'd rather do on my birthday than take care of my family,and spend time with my boys. We did have some special guests for the weekend; Grandma and Poppy Smith came out to celebrate with us, and that was fun. We always enjoy a visit. Here's a couple of cake and ice cream pictures.

No comments: