February 14, 2009

Adding to our Family

This is a bit of old news, and I feel bad that I don't have a better picture, but I'm just so out of the habit now that I don't get to blog too often! The Morgan family has added another new member! Just in case things weren't crazy enough around our house, we decided to get a dog!
Meet Ace. This is Parker sitting in his own "kennel" with Ace.

We got him a couple of weeks before Christmas. Ace is a sheltie, (minature collie). He looks like Lassie, but he will only get to be about 1/3 the size. The boys love him already, which is what we were hoping for. Parker was going through a stage where he was quite afraid of dogs, and having Ace has really helped out. He loves to help Ace do his tricks, especially having him shake hands/paws. He also likes to pretend to be a doggie now too. I will admit though, having a new puppy has been harder than I expected on me. All the house training falls to me since Brandon is gone to work all day, and that has been a bit of a challenge.....we're getting there, but we've had some frustrating accidents. Also, I've decided that winter is a bad time of year to get a new dog. I can't walk him during the day, because it's too cold to take the boys out, but by the time Brandon gets home it's really cold, and dark. I can't wait until it warms up and the days get a little longer. I am glad to be getting the house training out of the way before the baby comes though! As Brandon pointed out, our family has grown quickly the last few years. We added Parker in '06, Andrew in '07, Ace in '08, and Paige is coming in '09. There's lots of love to go around at our house!

No comments: