December 27, 2013

Floody

I don't think there is anything better than a chubby baby in skinny pajamas.  This boy is getting ready to celebrate a birthday in just over a week and I can't believe how fast his first year has gone by!  We just love our baby.  He is the only one in the house that no one is ever mad at.  Just take a look at that face and I'm sure you can see why.  He really is the sweetest baby and is always smiling and ready for fun.  Even ornery old Dad can't resist his charms and that is saying something.

Our Noah boy is not quite walking yet, but sure is trying hard to figure out how and has got to be the wiggliest baby on the planet.  I think it's a boy thing.  I remember when the big boys were this age saying that trying to change their diapers was like trying to wrestle an alligator.  It has certainly been the same with him! When he started getting this way I thought, "Now I remember, this is what boys are like."  I think the only time he is ever holding still is in his sleep.

So far he is a man of few words, his favorite being Mama of course.  He can also say Dada and Baby.  I swear sometimes he will copycat us clear as day, but so far those are the only consistent words.

His favorite toys are kept in the kitchen cupboards.  Tupperware and the accompanying mess of lids are the best, but he won't turn down anything he can manage to get into when Mom forgets to fasten them shut.  Plastic grocery sacks are fun and it's a real treat if he can pull a glass bowl out before Mom can run over.  I think he only likes the last one because of the reaction he gets from me out of it.

Noah is a patient, sweet boy and loves his brothers and sisters as much as they love him.  He puts up with their tough love and gets right into everything they are doing.  When they play outside he is always standing at the glass door watching, beating on it and shouting at them every once in a while.

The kids are so excited for him to have a birthday!  I know I've got other things to catch up on the blog before then, and I promise they are coming, but I couldn't resist this cute boy tonight and just had to share.  Your welcome.

No comments: