August 17, 2012

Birthdaypalooza Part 4....Whew!

The last, but certainly not least of our birthday celebrations in July was for our Andrew boy.  Gosh I love this boy!  He is every bit as sweet and tender-hearted as he looks.  Happy face pancakes seemed to be the theme for starting out birthdays this month.....you know how that is.  Once one kid thinks something is cool the rest of them have to do it.  Fine by me!  Keeps it simple.  ;)
These "super-duper sticky frogs" as they were dubbed by the birthday boy, were an unintentional hit.  I had bought them for the birthday pinata, (something else we had to do just like brother!) thinking they were the hopping sort of frogs.  I was wrong.  They were ooey gooey sticky.  And meant to be thrown at the walls.  Which they were all.....day.....long.  When I realized they were sticky, I knew they couldn't go in the pinata.  I left them out overnight to see if they would dry out, thinking I would throw them away in the morning if they didn't.  Well, the kids saw them first and it was all over from there.  Honestly, I think I could've told Andrew they were his present and he'd have been happy.
Here's where maybe I should belatedly point out that Parker's birthday had a theme.  Daddy dubbed it "big air".  Get it?  The airplane, the tornado cake.....anyway.....Andrew's theme was pirates.  So we spent the day as scallywags doing things like playing, "Argh......don't ye be breakin' the ice."

And really.....MOST of the day was spent throwing frogs at the walls.  I still have the marks to prove it.  Magic eraser, all-purpose cleaner, and good old fashioned elbow grease have all failed me in my attempts to remove them.  Live and learn, eh?

Andrew's big gift was an RC car.  He was SO excited.  And it really is that cool.  It's been another fun hobby for the boys to share with their Dad.  And by share with their Dad, I mean they literally have to share because he loves it as much as they do.  :)
Then on to the pirate hat pinata.  Everyone had a whack.....



And then Dad had to beat it to death, and finally rip it open.  It was one sturdy pinata.  The kids shared the spoils....
....and then we ate pirate ship cake for I think the third year running?  I showed the boy all sorts of different options, including Lightning McQueen and he would hear nothing of it.  He knows what he likes.
Happy birthday to the boy who will ALWAYS be my babycakes!!

No comments: