January 21, 2010

A Beautiful Day

I have to admit, I've been a bit down lately. The super cold temperatures here have been getting to me, added to the fact that until this week, my kids have been sick pretty much since Thanksgiving. I've been in a bit of a rut. But today changed everything. Today gave me a bit of sunshine that seemed to erase it all, and give me the breath of fresh air I need to perk up.

Today, for the first time, I heard my baby's heartbeat. Is there any sound in the world better than that? It doesn't matter how many times I go through this; it's a miracle every time, and I feel so blessed and grateful to announce that baby Morgan #4 is on the way!

I get to have an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure that everything is on track, but if all matches up, I am 14 weeks along, and the due date is July 23. Yes, I know, July is a lucky month for us! ;)

Why announce this on the blog you ask? Well, we thought that to show up at Christmas and announce for the third time in five years that I'm pregnant and due in July was getting a bit redundant. We were losing the element of surprise there. So, we thought we'd shake things up a bit. And now we get to see how many of you actually read this blog! (Also now you can question our sanity privately before you call to say congrats! ;)) Rest assured, if you're reading this, you are the first to know. We love you all! Thanks for sharing in our excitement! And feel free to spread the word!

19 comments:

Josh and Kristen said...

Congrats! That is really exciting news and I feel the same way every time I hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Um wow congrats! haha you are crazy Katy! But in a good way! :-) are all of your kids birthdays in July? Thats too funny! by the way your profile pic on facebook is soo pretty! I wuffs it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I loved having a July baby! Isnt' hearing the heartbeat the best sound in the world?

Mindy said...

I KNEW IT!!! I'm so excited for you! :)

Hannah said...

Congrats!! How exciting....I'm thrilled for you!

Pokemon said...

Yea, Katie and family. I hope you are feeling well and I'm glad the wonderful sound of a healthy heartbeat has brightened your winter blues. Good luck with all.

Unknown said...

No way!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Yay!!

Carie said...

Congrats Katie!! I'm really excited for you!! And, I'm happy to know that I'm the 'first' to know. :)

Brit said...

Yay! I am so happy for you guys. Are you hoping for a boy a girl? All your kids are so cute I can't decide:)

Keely Kapp said...

Congrats! You make cute kids! I have been wondering if you had a family blog but never remember to ask. I am glad I saw it on facebook.

shea said...

Congratulations Katie!! #4....you will have to give me tips on sanity because you seem to have it made. I hope you have been feeling okay. I love your blog I just wish you would update mine as well :)

Ashley said...

You must be wonder-mom! I'm nervous just thinking about 4 kids! Congrats to you both!

Ashley said...

Congrats Katie! Thats great. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope all is going fantastic for you and your growing family.

Cal and Whit said...

Oh Katie! This is such wonderful news! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys! What a darling little family you have and what blessed little children you have! I hope that everything went well at the ultrasound and that everything is on track! Huzzah for your family and sweet new baby on the way!

The Gross People said...

July 23 is a wonderful due date!!! Actually July 23 is even a better birthday!! :-) I have to agree I have thought you were glowing lately...

Matt & Emily said...

How super exciting Katie! Oh, we wish we lived closer so we could enjoy your kids more! We are so happy for you guys! Love and miss yu guys and hope you had a good birthday yesterday!

Brenda Oldroyd said...

Congrats to you guys! I emailed your mom today to see how everyone was and she reminded me of your blog. July babies are great. 3 of my 5 were. I know...you don't plan it that way. I love this blog. It gets ME through tough days so I hope you knowing that makes your days brighter. You are such an angel girl with a wonderful family. Keep up the good work in all you do.

katers said...

Thanks so much everyone! I'm feeling the love! The ultrasound went great....dates are on track. But we couldn't get a peek at if the baby is a boy or a girl. The baby was too shy, and the cord was in the way......six more weeks and we'll try again!