December 30, 2009

Just in Case You're Wondering......

....how our Christmas was.... it was fantastic. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but for one, my camera is on the blink, and for two, we didn't celebrate quite as traditionally as most would expect.

Christmas Day was about our Savior. We told P Doodle that Christmas was Jesus' birthday, and boy was he excited about that! All day long he was extra good to make sure he was doing things that make Jesus happy. We didn't have any mention of the big red guy, and we didn't open presents Christmas morning. We got up and had a fantastic Christmas breakfast, and then in the afternoon we celebrated by having a dinner with some of our neighbors - our adopted grandparents from the ward, and their daughter. The company was absolutely delightful, the food was great, and all in all it was a relaxing, enjoyable day that left us in the right frame of mind to think of our Savior and all that He has done for us.

We did of course make time to play with all of the fun presents that Grandmas and Grandpas sent for the kids. We opened some a bit early, and some Christmas Eve. Thanks for everything! We appreciate having so many people that love our kids so much!

To polish off my goal of gratitude here's the rest of my list. I'm thankful for:
  • My testimony.
  • My new cuisinart.
  • Some extra time off with my Honeybear!
  • Princess P's cute dance moves.....they always bring a smile.
  • Our new hand-me-down kitchen table that makes it possible to actually put food on while we eat....and have guests over too!
  • The beauty of snow.
  • The fact that I never have to shovel the snow....thanks to Brandon and P Doodle!
  • Friends that keep in touch.
  • Good books to read.
  • All of the days that Brandon gets up with the kids and lets me sleep in a bit.
  • Warm showers.
  • People that are willing to help out at church when we don't have enough hands.
  • Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. I think I've enjoyed that a little too much lately!
  • Movie nights with my sweetheart.
We hope all of you had a great Christmas as well, and wish you a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Christmas. It makes me sad that Christ gets lost in all the hustle and bustle of the season. I think it is fantastic that you are teaching your kids the true meaning of Christmas. I wish I could say that I did the same with Chica, but sadly, not as much as I should have. Merry Christmas.
PS. Your 'Christmas Card' is super cute! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!