November 12, 2009

Yummy Yams

I'm sure that most of you have a recipe similar to this, but for those who don't.....I hated yams growing up. We only ever had them at Thanksgiving, and I couldn't figure out why in the world they were a once a year "treat". I thought they were nasty. Of course, we had the canned kind with marshmallows on top. But, in the last few years, my sister has been making this yummy concoction, and once again, it has been proven that fresh is better. These yams are so good that last year my husband actually said he would refuse to go to Thanksgiving dinner if these yams weren't on the menu. So thanks, sis, for bringing the fam together!


6 c. cooked yams, mashed (3-4 depending on size)
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla

Combine mashed yams with sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.

1 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/3 c. butter
1 c. chopped pecans

Mix together until crumbly and sprinkle over potatoes.
Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Those look Scrumptious! I ADORE sweet potatoes. Eat them all year long... but after baking and peeling them I just mash them with a tinsy bit of butter and salt. I might have to take this to our Thanksgiving instead. I have a feeling it would be quite a bit more popular!