November 3, 2009

A New Tip

So if you've tried the homemade laundry soap that I use, but are thinking, "what in the world am I going to do with all this leftover borax and washing soda?" (because that 5 gallon bucket is going to last you a while) here's an idea for you! Homemade dishwasher detergent. Use equal parts of the borax and washing soda, (for example 1 cup each) and mix thoroughly. Use 2 Tbsp. for each load of dishes. Don't forget to put some vinegar in your rinse aid dispenser if you have hard water like me! I've been using this for a few days now, (don't be skeptical of that, our family eats all three meals together at home every day....I run the dishwasher at least once a day) and it works fabulous! More money saved....cha-ching! Want to know what we're doing with all this saved money? Stay tuned for pics of our home makeover....if we can ever decide on a paint color for the kitchen that is!

No comments: