September 8, 2009

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Every morning when I open the curtains I say to Parker, "Oh, another beautiful day in the neighborhood!" (Yeah, I grew up on Mr. Rogers.) This morning, I was lost in my thoughts as I was doing my usual "thing". Thoughts of all the things I need to do before we go out of town this weekend, what to cook for breakfast, the mountain of laundry I have, a neighbor I want to check on.......the list goes on. When I didn't say the usual, Parker asked, "Mom, is it a beautiful day in the neighborhood?" Looking around at my three beautiful kids, even with the clutter of trains, blankies, and dirty dishes, and a long list of to-dos, I'm grateful for this reminder. It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I hope it is for you too.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Oh Katie, Katie, Katie. You're the cutest mom ever. I haven't been looking at anyones blogs for 2 whole weeks and I had such a little treat catching up on yours. I wanted to comment on each post but that would have been ridiculous so I'll just say hey and thanks for all the great ideas. That Paige is so cute... her 4 month stat picture is freakin' adorable and I don't use the word freakin'. Also I will have some ideas for you soon related to the whole organized mommy stuff. Corey and I have been talking and setting goals etc. now that we will be living on our own. It's a great time to reassess and figure out what our routines will be. We also took the opportunity to add some things in our life that maybe you would like too. I think I may steal your morning devotional idea! I'll write back to your e-mail soon too hopefully! Lots of love- Ashlee