July 15, 2009

I Know...

After Paige's blessing on the 5th, Parker told Brandon that he wanted to have a blessing as well. So, for Family Home Evening that Monday night, we talked about the Priesthood; how it came to be on the Earth, and the ways that it can help us. Then Brandon gave each of the boys a Father's Blessing. When he was done with that, I asked if he would give me a blessing also.
I don't want to share the particulars of the blessing he gave me, because it is too personal, and too special to me...but I want to say this; that I know that our Heavenly Father loves me, (and you) and that he knows our desires. He wants us to be happy. I also know that the Priesthood is the power of God on the Earth, and that through it miracles can be accomplished if it is God's will. I know that living the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the way to happiness in this life and the next. I know that we have the opportunity to be with our families forever.
One more thing.
Yesterday, the previous Bishop of our ward passed away at a very young age. I know that he is no longer suffering, and that he is where our Father in Heaven needs him to be. My heart is breaking for the wife and children that he left behind. But Brandon read me this scripture as we were discussing the situation, and it gave me peace. D&C 42:45-46 "Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die, and more especially for those that have not hope of a glorious resurrection. And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them;"

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

That's so sad. Thank heaven's for gospel perspective. It's hard enough WITH it. Can you imagine without? Thanks for sharing your testimony. It was wonderful to read. What a sweet little family you have. That FHE will be one to remember for a very long time. I am pocketing that idea for a special night of our own. Thanks for sharing!

Pokemon said...

Agree with Ashlee. What a neat experience. Thanks for sharing. I love these kinds of posts.