February 16, 2014

My Not So Little Man

I can tell you right now, there has never been a baby more loved than this one right here. There was not one jealous sibling on his birthday, they were just thrilled to celebrate it with him! Several times I suggested we skip his birthday in the hopes that it would keep him a baby forever but no one else seemed to think it was a very good idea. In the end I gave in and decided to join in the party.

 At first he was puzzled, whether by the candle or the fact that we were basically having cupcakes for breakfast I'm not sure. But the recipe called them chocolate chip muffins, so that makes it okay right?! He got over it quickly and even learned how to puff at the candle a bit.
 Pretty soon after breakfast, Noah decided that the ideal way to spend his birthday was napping for most of it. This was pretty disappointing to the other kids, especially when they knew I had birthday hats and other party paraphernalia waiting. When the other kids told Emma there would be party hats, she took matters into her own hands. I quite liked her version.
 So, we busted the hats out a little early, but I don't think he minded a bit.
And he was in great spirits when he finally decided to join us.
 I snapped this picture to remember what a sweet big brother Parker is. He gave Noah that present and even wrapped it himself. Never-mind that the truck came from the toy room downstairs, it's the thought that counts. Each holiday and birthday this year, Parker hasn't wanted to be left out of the gift-giving and has found some way to contribute, whether it be by re-gifting or drawing a picture. I love to see that he wants to do that!
 Mom and Dad's present was pretty boring....a pair of shoes since at the time he was just on the verge of walking and hadn't had the need for any before.
 He almost pulled that cake right off the table several times while I tried to get a cute shot of him with it. ;)


 Noah has been such a joy to our family this year! I think that every older sibling remembers him in their prayers most nights, whether or not they do anyone else. He has also really melted his Daddy's heart lately. When Brandon leaves for work in the morning he walks right over to the door like he expects to go along with him. He runs right over again when he comes home and gives Dad a snuggle to welcome him. When Brandon tries to put him down, he usually circles around him a few more times until he gets some extra hugs. And anytime Brandon says the word, "snuggle" he'll lay his head down on his chest sweetly.

{Can I interrupt this Noah post to tell you how sweet Emma is to her Daddy too? At the last home we lived in, she had a habit of meeting Brandon at the door and taking his work boots off for him and then she'd place them just so by the door. He never asked her to, but she loved to do it! He hasn't had the need for them as much lately, so that has stopped, but now every morning she helps me to pack him a quick breakfast and a lunch. She insists on being the one to give it to him, and will even carry it around until he's ready to take it to make sure she gets the privilege!}

This week, Noah has really gone from being a baby to a little boy! He's gradually stopped walking with his hands up in the air, ready to brace and has started to pick up the speed. The other night I caught him tackling, tickling and teasing Emma and he about had her beat too! He loves to play peek-a-boo and chase games, and he has the funniest little evil genius laugh. He is the life of our party and we love him!!

In other news: I am officially an old lady now. A few weeks after Noah's birthday, I turned 30! Can you believe it?! Just kidding about the old lady thing, I think it's fabulous! I look forward to the next ten years and all of the exciting things we have coming up for us! This year Brandon and I celebrate 10 years together! And our oldest of six children will turn 8 years old. There's a lot of happy in my heart there.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

There's a lot of happy in my heart just reading about your adorable family! :) The 30s are GREAT, seriously! You are a gorgeous, amazing, woman. I'm excited for you to experience this next decade of fun! <3