October 30, 2013

Pumpkins

Carving pumpkins was a HOOT at our house this year.  While I hate having my babies grow up, they sure do get even more fun as they grow older.

Worried about the possible workload pumpkin carving brings, I had the girls all share a pumpkin since I assumed they'd be good for helping for all of about 5 minutes.  Turns out I was right.  They were a little bummed at first not to see five pumpkins sitting out waiting for them, but in the end, all the little ones really cared to do was scoop a few handfuls of guts and hold a template picture while we carved.

  Even Andrew was quite disgusted with the whole process.  He didn't last long either before handing his pumpkin over to Mom, while he supervised the work.  He seemed doubtful I could do it right on my own. ;)

Emma was happy to hold a tool from the carving kit.  Proof positive she was here being the little party animal that she is.

But this man, he was serious.  He even applied his own template to the pumpkin this year.  He probably even could have handled some carefully supervised carving except for that he picked a tricky design that required Dad's careful hand.  He sure was a good help to get it all ready himself though.


Am I right that he looks TOO BIG?





Pics of the finished product to come in the next post!  It was too dark by the time we were done to get a good picture.

No comments: