August 1, 2010

Another Bday Bash

We had another fun birthday celebration for Babycakes on the 26th. Luckily Daddy was in town, and as an added bonus, Grandma Smith came too. The boys spent the day playing outside in the pool, and running through the sprinkler Grandma brought. It was a fun day.
Babycakes got his very own birthday crown, but of course when P Doodle saw it, he asked what happened to his. So we had to make another number 4 crown for him. I don't know if we're ever going to be able to celebrate one birthday without the other with these two boys.

Babycakes is in to pirates right now, so I made him his very own pirate ship cake. He LOVED it. It turned out so cute, and was way easy to make.

And here is the birthday boy with his present. His very own scooter and helmet. He loves it. He thinks that he's just like Tigger when he rides it, and starts singing songs from "My Friends Tigger & Pooh". The helmet is another of his favorite characters, Lightning Mcqueen. It's fun to see Babycakes be able to big boy things, like riding his own scooter.

Babycakes is growing and changing so fast lately. He's gone from not really being interested in talking at all, to jabbering all the time, (mostly repeating what we are saying, which can be really hilarious). He is using a lot more words to express what he's thinking, and it's so fun to finally know what he's thinking. He loves to sing, especially the hymns at church. His favorite primary song is "Follow the Prophet". He is the best little snuggle-bug in the world, and is also very tender-hearted. As I said before, this scallywag loves to play pirates, and one of his most oft-said words is "arghh...."
Babycakes brings so much sunshine to our home. Brandon and I often say that he's just too sweet. He is so easy to love, and quick to love others as well. I'm so glad he's ours! He is a great big brother, always wanting to give the girls hugs and kisses, and is the perfect playmate for P Doodle. I don't know what we'd ever do without him. Happy birthday Babycakes!


2 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

Hooray! Happy Birthday Babycakes! I love the crown pictures of both your boys wearing birthday crowns!

Unknown said...

I think the pirate cake turned out awesome!!! I love the crowns. I really have to start doing those for birthdays. I think they would be a HUGE hit!