November 10, 2009

Sweet and Petite

Happy six months Princess P! Okay, I know this post is coming a bit late, but it took us awhile to get her in for her Dr.'s appointment, and I wanted to post the stats. Her weight was 11 lbs. 11 oz. and her length was 24 3/4 inches. For those of you who are thinking, "Hmmm....11 lbs. sounds familiar" that's because at 4 months she weighed 11 lbs. 1 oz! She only gained 10 oz. in two months, (and only 3/4 of an inch, but she was pretty tall for her weight, so that's okay) She is no longer even on the growth chart for weight. The doctor didn't seem too worried though because she looks healthy, happy, well proportioned, and is all around, the best baby ever. She still really never fusses. He does want to check back in a month, and told us to "up the grocery bill" for now. We're ordered to increase the number of feedings per day and up the calories! Those are words every girl likes to hear.
Really, I think that she's so tiny because she's so active, (or is it the other way around?). Get this folks......she's pulling herself up to stand now! No kidding! She's done it about 10 times now. A few days ago I went to get her up from her nap and she was standing in her crib. I can't believe it. I'm just sure the boys weren't doing that at her age. But, I guess she has to keep up! By the way, I love this picture of her first feeding of veggies......it was a while ago, but I just love it, so I thought I'd share.

No comments: